This full time position would be a mix of serving as Events Coordinator, as well as Executive Team duties. Executive team duties would be in the capacity of Executive Assistant (EA), Senior Executive Assistant (SEA) or Assistant Director (AD), pending experience level.
This is a great opportunity for those with excellent verbal and written communication, organization, multi-tasking and event planning skills and experience. Like the Executive Director, this position has a wide array and nature of tasks, and on any given day could be working with any given team in the nonprofit, based on priority tasks and projects of the time. Thus, below are common types of tasks that occur in addition to ʻone-offʻ or project/team specific tasks:
Lead and oversee planning and implementation of events, i.e. Artist School Visits, film shoots, kanipila, etc.
Communication/Coordination – i.e. Drafting/sending correspondence via email, text message, phone etc to partners, funders and staff on behalf of the ED
Organization/Filing – i.e. Documenting, prioritizing and tracking status of own and EDʻs tasks and key correspondence (using Asana task management software)
Assist with budgets, spreadsheets, and google form surveys
Assist other team leaders and staff (program, audio/video and social media) as needed, participating in meetings with or on behalf of ED, and related note taking
- Must live on Oʻahu
- College degree (BA or higher)
- Highly organized, i.e. able to quickly prioritize tasks, proficient in task management
- Strong desire to work with Hawaiian community in a Hawaiian cultural context and engage with youth
- Detail-oriented and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Flexible Availability: including scheduled or on-call evening and weekend hours when needed to be prepared for events or to meet grant deadlines.
- Excellent people skills – able to work with a wide range of people and learning styles
- Proficient in Google Workspace Apps (Gmail, Drive, Sheets, Forms, etc.)
Additional Minimum Qualifications specific to each Executive Team position:
- EA: 2-9 years experience as Executive Assistant or equivalent
- SEA: 10+ years experience as Executive Assistant or equivalent
- AD: 4+ years in leadership level positions at a Hawaiian culture-based nonprofit, directly overseeing 10 or more staff, or 15+ years in a mix of support and leadership positions at a Hawaiian culture-based nonprofit.
Having 1 or more of the following qualifications are ʻnice but not necessaryʻ and would not affect decision making in the selection process, except possibly as a tiebreaker among the top 3 candidates for the EC + EA/SEA/AD positions:
- 4+ years experience in event planning/implementation
- Proficiency in ʻōlelo Hawaiʻi and/or various aspects of Hawaiian culture
- Experience teaching and/or working with youth, especially Hawaiian and low-income youth, and/or Hawaiian nonprofits
- Networks related to the fundraising, donor development and/or implementation of the Mana Mele Project
- Skills and experience related to 1 or more of the 4 areas of Mana Mele mentorships – music, audio engineering, video production and communications (TV, radio, news)
- Proficient in Asana
- Experience writing and managing grants
When applying for this position, in addition to attaching your resume and cover letter, please include your responses to the following questions in the body of your email:
1. What is your typing speed?
2) Please give an honest self-assessment of your strength in the following – from 1 (no experience/skills) to 10 (just a notch shy of perfect):
a) Google Docs
b) Google Sheets/Excel
c) Asana or equivalent Task Management Software
d) Event Planning/Implementation
SEEKING TO FILL POSITION ASAP