Please see below for our current job openings:
PLEASE KŌKUA by passing this announcement along to your ʻohana and friends. Mahalo nui loa!
Do you have a passion for serving Native Hawaiian youth & communities? Ready to take that passion to the next level in your career path? Mana Maoli seeks 2 qualified & committed team players to join our awesome staff and collective of music/multimedia industry professionals in serving youth across 20 schools on Oʻahu, Kauaʻi, & Hawaiʻi Island under our Mana Mele Project:
1) A Project Coordinator OR a Project Assistant to support our Hui Hoʻomohala (Program Team) leadership and kumu (instructors and mentors) – full-time position.
2) An Executive Assistant, Senior Executive Assistant, OR Assistant Director to support our Executive Director and Executive Team – full or part-time hours possible.
See below for kuleana as well as minimum and preferred qualifications for each position, as well as details on how to apply.
1) Program Assistant/Program Coordinator (PA/PC):
This full-time position will assist leadership of our Hui Hoʻomohala (Program Team) by providing administrative, logistical and programmatic support for our kumu (instructors/mentors), planning school and program-wide services and events, data collection/reporting, and more. Those with background in music and/or cultural education may also assist with professional development/capacity building for our kumu. The PA would play a strong assistant role, and the PC would serve a mix of lead and assistant roles, in the following areas of kuleana:
- Planning, coordination, management and support of program aspects of MM projects, including:
- Year-long and short-term music & multimedia classes & mentorships
- Artist & Mobile Studio School Visits
- Off-Campus Internships in the Creative Industries
- Data collection, documentation, analysis
- Plan/implement Professional Development for kumu/mentors
- Serve as point person for communications/meetings with kumu/mentors, school administrators, and other partners
- Collect, track and review kumu/mentor deliverables, logs, invoices
- Hōʻike (class/school performances) – photos/videos, track attendance
- HR Support – W9, signed contracts, unemployment
- Manage program team email account, including drafting & sending messages
- Assist with finding substitutes and coverage for Mana Mele kumu as needed
- Ordering program supplies and tracking related budget/expenses
- Logistical Class Support (Virtual Platforms, etc.)
- Update resources and information on Mana Mele kumu website
- Event support – logistics, communication, on-site support
- Maintain, update, file program-related documents
- Grant Reporting – collect & organize program data, summary drafts
2) Executive Assistant/ Senior Exec. Asst / Assistant Director
This is a great opportunity for those with excellent verbal and written communication, organization and multi-tasking skills, and experience providing executive level administrative assistance. Full or part time hours are possible. Like the Executive Director, this position has a wide array and nature of tasks, and on any given day could be working with any given team in the nonprofit, based on priority tasks and projects of the time. Thus, below are common types of tasks that occur in addition to ʻone-offʻ or project/team specific tasks :
- Communication/Coordination – i.e. Drafting/sending correspondence via email, text message, phone etc to partners, funders and staff on behalf of the ED
- Organization/Filing – i.e. Documenting, prioritizing and tracking status of own and EDʻs tasks and key correspondence (using Asana task management software)
- Manage and oversee various google calendars
- Assist with budgets, spreadsheets, and google form surveys
- Primary production assistant during events, video shoots, livestreams, etc.
- Assist other team leaders and staff (program, audio, video and social media) as needed
- participating in meeting with or ED or on behalf of ED, and related note taking
Minimum Qualifications for ALL positions:
- College degree (BA or higher)
- Highly organized, i.e. able to quickly prioritize tasks, proficient in task management
- Strong desire to work with Hawaiian community in a Hawaiian cultural context and engage with youth
- Detail-oriented and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Weekday availability
- Excellent people skills – able to work with a wide range of people and learning styles
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, and Google drive
Additional Minimum Qualifications specific to each position:
Program Assistant (PA):
- 2 years experience related to administration, project management, and/or education.
- Must live on Oʻahu or Hawaiʻi Island
Program Coordinator (PC):
- 5 years experience related to administration, project management, and/or education.
- Must live on Oʻahu or Hawaiʻi Island
Executive Assistant (EA):
- 2-9 years experience as Executive Assistant or equivalent
Senior Executive Assistant (SEA):
- 10-20+ years experience as Executive Assistant or equivalent
Assistant Director (AD):
- Must have 4+ years in leadership level positions at a Hawaiian culture-based nonprofit, directly overseeing 10 or more staff, or 15+ years in a mix of support and leadership positions at a Hawaiian culture-based nonprofit.
EA, SEA, AD:
- Must live on Oʻahu
- Evening and weekend availability as needed (i.e. events, film shoots)
Preferred Qualifications for all positions:
- Proficiency in ʻōlelo Hawaiʻi and/or various aspects of Hawaiian culture
- Experience teaching and/or working with youth, especially Hawaiian and low-income youth, and/or Hawaiian nonprofits
- Networks related to the fundraising and/or implementation of the Mana Mele Project
- Skills and experience related to 1 or more of the 4 areas of mentorship – music, engineering, video production and communications (TV, radio, news)
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Asana
- Experience writing and managing grants
1) Please enter the position(s) you are applying for in the subject heading, based on your experience level, followed by your name.
2) Please attach a resume and cover letter, which can speak to why you are applying, and any skills/experiences that show your qualifications for the position(s) you are applying for, especially if not evident in your resume.
3) What is your typing speed?
4) Please give an honest self-assessment of your strength in the following – from 1 (no experience/skills) to 10 (just a notch shy of perfect):
In accordance with Mana Maoli employment policy, candidates for this position will be subject to a criminal background check.