Mana Maoli is a nonprofit serving primarily Native Hawaiian youth and communities through a sailing canoe program (Kanehunamoku Voyaging Academy), music program (Maoli Music), and grants/facilities support for Halau Ku Mana (HKM) Public Charter School.
Mana Maoli is now accepting applications for our “Overall/HKM” Office and Program Assistant. This position focuses on admin duties in support of HKM, and ‘overall’ office duties, which are tasks not specific to any one program. Examples of tasks and responsibilities for this position include:
* Donor Development * Assist w/ preparing Grant Proposals
* Annual Event Coordination * Communication, Scheduling & other logistics
* Pricing, Negotiation, Purchasing * Inventory, Database, Filing
* Data Collection & Analysis * Systems Improvement & Maintenance
* Website & Social Media Updates * Assist w/ developing & utilizing outreach tools
* Process check requests/invoices * Assist w/ drafting contracts and reports
Hours: Part-time and Full-time hours are possible.
Compensation: Starting at $10-16/hr, depending on relevant skills and experiences.
* High School Diploma
* 3+ years experience with office administration and/or project coordination
* Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
* Excellent writing, communication and organization skills
*Able to work with a wide range of people and learning styles
* Strong desire to serve the Hawaiian community
*Ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
* Bachelor’s Degree or higher
* 8+ years experience with office administration and/or project coordination
* Experience working for organizations serving Hawaiian communities and/or low-income youth
* Experience with fundraising, grant-writing, grant reporting, PR/outreach, donor development, marketing and/or event coordination
Mana Maoliʻs Office is located at Kailua Intermediate School. Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter. The cover letter should include relevant experiences and why you are applying for this position. Please also include the low to high number of hours per week you are willing to work, your preferred number of weekly hours within that range, and (to inform future recruitment efforts) how you learned of this job opportunity. You may submit via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or, you may also mail or hand-deliver to:
Mana Maoli c/o Kailua Intermediate School
145 S. Kainalu Dr.
Kailua, Hawaii 96734
In accordance with Mana Maoli employment policy, candidates for this position may be subject to a criminal background check.