We would greatly appreciate any kokua with preparing our Mobile Studio for the storm, and/or spreading the word. Volunteers will be fed!
WHAT WE SEEK HELP WITH:
* Clear the area around the trailer of all scrap material. If the winds pick up as stated in the weather forecast, loose objects around the trailer may get swept up and puncture the trailer.
* Tape the windows to prevent shattering glass.
* Secure materials inside the trailer, move it to safer temporary storage.
ASAP: Wednesday or Thursday of this week, depending on when there are trucks available for hauling.
* 1-2 pickup trucks for hauling scrap to the refuse station
* 2-3 makua (adults) as drivers and overseeing truck loading
* At least 3 ‘opio (youth, 11 years and older) or Makua for loading trucks, taping windows, bagging materials, etc
Gloves will be provided for those helping to lift pokey scrap wood and metal. Wear shoes and long sleeve shirt. Long pants recommended.
In Waipio, Kaneohe near Windward Community College and Windward Mall. We will email or text directions.
Mahalo for any Kokua, including any help spreading the word.
Please contact Keola at (808) 295-6262 to let us know your availability to help, and/or for any questions.
Mahalo Nui …